Back to the Bricks® GIVES BACK
to the community we love!
Back to the Bricks® Scholarship Program
Back to the Bricks® awards a total of $10,000 in post-secondary scholarships each year. The Scholarship Program provides assistance to high school seniors in Flint and Genesee County who are pursuing post-secondary study/training at a college or technical school in auto-body repair/painting, automotive design, auto mechanics, electrical/manufacturing/mechanical engineering, robotics, sales and marketing, software development for automotive applications, welding, or a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) related program
- All applications must be towards attending a post-secondary accredited school.
- Preference is given to applicants attending a local college, university, technical school or institution, but not required.
- Students in Flint and Genesee County already enrolled into a post-secondary program may apply but must be in good academic standing with the school they are currently enrolled in.
- All applicants shall include an essay from 200-500 words on why they should be granted a scholarship. We encourage each applicant to include a personal accounting as to how the automotive industry or hobby has impacted their lives.
- Scholarships will be on a ‘one-time’ basis.
- If available, each application should include a family personal financial statement (FASFA).
- Include at least one letter of recommendation with your application.
- Each application shall include a transcript of grades (11th and 12th grades for high school applicants and for those already enrolled into a post-secondary school a current transcript of their grades).
- The scholarship may be used for tuition and fees.
APLLICATION PROCESS WILL OPEN AGAIN IN THE FALL OF 2021